In a crisis, you have to adapt. Because of COVID-19, you’ve had to make major changes in your practice – your clinic hours, staffing, finances, etc. Some of you have had to make some painful choices to keep your doors open and continue to serve your patients.
The Texas Chiropractic Association is no different, which is why we have announced a big change to our signature event – Chiro Texpo. While we were looking forward to next month’s state convention in Frisco, we’ve decided to go virtual for Chiro Texpo ‘20.
You might wonder why TCA made this decision. While Texas appears to be gradually opening up, it’s not the case for much of the country. With shelter-in-place orders in effect in many other states, it would have been challenging for some of the dozens of Chiro Texpo exhibitors and sponsors, not to mention chiropractors from outside the Lone Star State, to join us in Frisco. However, your health and safety are the most important factors. We also realize that many of you may not be comfortable being in a large group setting at the moment.
Regardless, the TCA Board of Directors was not willing to allow Chiro Texpo to be erased from the calendar. We felt it was our duty to have an event where you could complete your CE hours and stay connected to the Texas chiropractic community. We opted to think outside the box and use today’s cutting-edge technology to make it happen.
So, what will the virtual Chiro Texpo ’20 look like? Actually, we’re pretty proud of what we’ve put together with our new partner, TCA Bronze Sponsor Sidecar.
Here are a few highlights:
1) Live programming – While we won’t be together in person, you can still watch live event. We’re offering an 8-hour Medicare class on Saturday, June 6, in addition to another 1 ½ days of continuing education on Friday and Saturday, June 12-13 – the same weekend we would have convened in Frisco. Included in this live programming are the TBCE required hours.
2) Learn at your own pace – If you are unable to watch the live programming, you can choose from 20+ recorded, on-demand sessions. Plus, you have until the end of June to complete your 16 CE hours before TCA submits your transcript to the Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners (TBCE). Does it get any better than that?
3) Exciting speaker line-up – We have some of the leading chiropractic speakers taking the virtual stage – Drs. Brad Glowaki, Cindy Howard, Mitch Mally, Francis Murphy and Alex Vidan, not to mention favorites like Kelli Moore and Michele Quattlebaum. Check out the Chiro Texpo schedule!
4) Unbeatable price – Doing the event virtually allows TCA to deliver Chiro Texpo at a great value. If you sign up by May 10, you can take advantage of early pricing -- $175 for a TCA member DC, $75 for your CA/staff. Register online today!
5) Networking – We know we can’t replicate the excitement of being in the Texpo hall or sitting with your colleagues at the black-tie President’s Gala. But you can still meet sponsors and exhibitors at the virtual Texpo and learn what they have to offer. We also are planning a virtual awards program to recognize those individuals for their service to TCA and chiropractic in Texas as well as swear in TCA’s new executive officers.
I want to personally invite you to be part of Chiro Texpo ’20. TCA is counting on you to support our main event. Don’t forget to register online by the May 10 early deadline or call the TCA office at (512) 477-9292. I also urge you to become a TCA Premium or Elite Member, which includes your Chiro Texpo registration; it’s an excellent value.
It’s been a memorable year and I’ve enjoyed every moment being your TCA President. Thank you for being part of Team TCA.
Chad Carpenter, DC